Operations / Administration Special Assistant to the CEO
ExpandED Schools is dedicated to closing the learning gap by increasing access to enriched education experiences. We give children more hours in the school day, bring more role models into the classroom, and infuse their learning with enrichments in literacy, STEM, arts, and sports and opportunities to build character and leadership skills. In our first decade, we created the nation’s first citywide system of K-12 after-school programs and leveraged more than $500 million in private and public funds. Today, we continue to reimagine learning time – in school, after school and during the summer – developing scalable and sustainable models that provide more quality learning. Since our founding in 1998, we have reached more than one million students and trained more than 30,000 educators and teachers. We:
- EXPAND the school day: Adding 2.5 hours each day; closing the learning gap by 450 hours/school year.
- ENGAGE the community: Bringing additional role models – tutors, coaches, college students and teaching artists – into the classroom.
- ENHANCE the learning: Balancing the curriculum with the arts, sports, STEM and character-building enrichments.
Purpose of Position
The Special Assistant to the CEO provides essential support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as she leads the organization in accomplishing its goals. In this role, you will manage the CEO’s calendar and ensure seamless execution of senior leadership meeting logistics, support board and executive team presentation creation, and contribute to special projects and strategic initiatives. As the work evolves, new responsibilities will be added. We are looking for someone who is excited to help us grow and increase our impact!
Duties & Responsibilities
Maximize the CEO’s time and effectiveness. Your savvy and proactive support will allow the CEO to focus on the organization’s most critical priorities. This work requires responsiveness and strong time and task management skills. It also requires building strong relationships with the CEO and internal stakeholders. You will:
- Expertly manage the CEO’s calendar: prioritize appointments, arrange meetings and travel, and ensure that the CEO is prepared to engage with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and support C-level meetings: manage logistics and operations, create meeting materials, and capture action items to ensure execution
- Perform general administrative duties, including photocopying, mailing, filing and managing expense reimbursements
Work on projects of various complexities for the CEO, and Executive Team Leadership. You will:
- Support CEO internal and external presentations: create slides, conduct research, draft talking points, manage logistics, and analyze feedback
- Demonstrate an interest in and aptitude for handling a wide variety of responsibilities, at varying levels of complexity
- Demonstrate flexibility and a positive, service-oriented mindset
- Enjoy tackling multiple projects and requests at once, all with a fierce attention to detail
- Keep a pulse on work happening across the organization to serve as a hub for information and to actively make connections across our office, schools, and CBO partners with whom we work
- Answer data requests and research policy issues and educational trends
You will be a member of the President’s Office and report to the President and CEO and the Senior Vice President. Our team’s work is broad and focused on improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency. You will also interface with leaders across our stakeholders in schools and programs.
- You get things done! You have a “whatever it takes” attitude, coupled with strong organizational skills and efficient systems for time and task management. You are an expert at managing multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- You exude flexibility and professionalism–even in challenging situations, you are emotionally constant and able to handle confidential information with grace and discretion
- You’re a natural problem-solver, moving urgently and applying critical thinking to find people-oriented solutions
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills, including the ability to develop polished and professional written communications
- You are eager to learn and receptive to feedback – you seek input on how to improve in your work and strive to continuously grow
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years professional experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
ExpandED Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes:
- Full-time and eligible part-time employees receive medical, dental and vision plans for employees and dependents, largely subsidized by ExpandED Schools
- Health, dependent care and transit pre-tax accounts
- Employer-paid life insurance and supplemental disability coverage
- A generous paid time off package which includes 20 vacation days, 8 sick days, 4 personal days and 12 paid holidays (prorated for part-time staff)
- 403b retirement plan with eligibility for employer contribution of 5% of annual compensation after one year of employment (no match requirement)
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Partial tuition reimbursement offered to employees after one year of service
- Professional development opportunities, including funds to participate in external training and coaching opportunities
How to Apply
ExpandED Schools is an Equal Opportunity EmployerExpandED Schools believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, Subject: Position Title. No faxes or phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
116 total views, 10 today