Instructional Support Student Services Coordinator
Student Services Coordinator
The Student Services Coordinator will provide leadership in the ongoing planning, implementation, development, direction, review and evaluation of Flagstaff Academy’s student support services. The Student Services Coordinator provides strategic leadership for the Student Services department in the specialty areas of Special Education, MTSS, Academic and Behavioral intervention, Gifted & Talented, and English Language Development. The Student Services Coordinator works collaboratively with the Executive Principal and Assistant Principals to provide a unified educational program across all grades. The Student Services Coordinator reports to the Executive Principal and participates as a member of the Leadership team.
We are seeking a Student Services Coordinator who:
- Possesses excellent people skills, presents a positive image of the school and will listen to input and make a decision when necessary
- Inspires trust, has high levels of self-confidence and optimism, and models high standards of integrity and personal performance
- Is a strong communicator; speaking, listening and writing
- Collaborates in the MTSS process for all grade levels
- Participates in the supervision process of academic and behavioral interventionists, including special education and exceptional student services.
Overview of Position
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute the Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) with the Executive Principal by focusing on student success and academic excellence.
- Cultivate opportunities to showcase Flagstaff Academy by attending and presenting to local, state, regional, and national professional educational organizations.
- Establish Flagstaff as an academic leader by staying current with academic developments and trends.
- Represent Flagstaff Academy in a positive light in the community, student recruiting, and marketing.
- Relationship Building
- Unify multiple departments, Special Education, MTSS, Intervention, social-emotional health, general education, and at-risk student programs of Flagstaff Academy to achieve high quality student services for all students.
- Represent school by planning or attending outside activities such as district meetings, student recruitment events and community functions. Lead staff through data disaggregation processes in conjunction with other academic leaders.
- Lead and administer the MTSS process, including Tier 2 and Tier 3 support.
- Support parents and relationships between families and the school.
- Supervise, coach, and develop teachers, interventionists, and paraprofessionals to achieve a unified team approach to student support.
- Attend and support school faculty meetings and professional development efforts.
- Provide administrative support to teachers who request it for parent conferences or communication.
- Comply with all social services regulations, including mandatory reporting of allegations of abuse.
- Assist with all safety and emergency drills and operations.
- Support the Business Office in the maintenance and organization of teacher credentials and time cards.
- Assist in the development and management of the annual operating budget.
- Assessment Coordination – Schedule, train, and oversee student data collection and management including ACCESS and gifted and talented testing.
- Assist in the management of student data including district systems, internal documents, Infinite Campus, and applicable data warehouses.
- Academic Leadership
- Analyze multiple forms of student data and make appropriate recommendations for instructional enhancements and professional development.
- Participate in the supervision and evaluation process for department faculty members, including screening, selecting, assigning, supervising, and evaluating performance.
- Plan and lead professional development and professional learning communities in conjunction with the principals.
- Facilitate regular data meetings with teachers to discuss student performance and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Confer with teachers regarding instructional practices, techniques, coaching, including the development and administration of improvement plans as needed.
- Ensure Special Education, Gifted and Talented, MTSS, English Language Development and 504 programs meet federal and state regulations.
- Behavior and Culture
- Support the implementation of the CHAMPS classroom management program, PBIS, 7 Mindsets SEL Curriculum, and discipline model in the school.
- Maintain effective and timely communication with parents, teachers, staff, and students regarding questions and issues regarding behavior.
- Promote a kind and restorative culture among the faculty, staff, students and families.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support and Special Education
- Understanding of research proven instructional strategies and coaching model.
- Ability to interpret and communicate student data, including iReady, and Colorado Growth and Achievement models (CMAS).
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with the implementation of behavioral interventions, FBAs, and behavior plans.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the capability to embrace change.
- Strong systems orientation, teamwork, and commitment to follow-through.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Masters degree in Education, Special Education, Mental Health, or related field
- Licensed in special education in the state of Colorado
- At least 5 years of professional experience, with at least 2 years experience as a school leader with a proven track-record of success
- Strong understanding and experience with special education, MTSS, and social-emotional learning
- Familiarity with Google Apps for Education
- Demonstrated experience in effectively solving challenging problems through a positive, collaborative approach
- Demonstrated experience in professional staff development resulting in improved student outcomes
- Master’s Degree or higher in Educational Leadership, Special Education, Mental Health or related disciplines
- Licensed as a principal or special education director in the state of Colorado
- Demonstrated success leading strategic educational initiatives that result in measurable improvements in student achievement
- Detailed knowledge of special education, MTSS, and Google Apps for Education
- Experience and knowledge of budget preparation and management in alignment with strategic priorities
- Professional experience in counseling or special education, gifted and talented, culturally and linguistically diverse education (CLD) or demonstrated educational integrating varied student services.
Supervision Received and Exercised
The Flagstaff Academy Student Services reports to the Executive Principal. The Student Services Coordinator will have supervisory oversight for student service support staff at Flagstaff Academy.
What You Should Know:
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The hours may be long when specific needs arise, thus some extended schedules will be necessary. This is a position that must attend the needs of staff, administrators, Flagstaff Academy Board of Directors, and parents. Work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days, with weekend work required.
This is a full time, exempt position located in Longmont, Colorado. A highly competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience, will be provided to the successful candidate.
Flagstaff Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
What We Can Offer:
- Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
- Salary Range- $75,000 to $85,000 based on qualifications and experience.
- Flagstaff Academy offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, disability, life insurance, and paid time off. Flagstaff Academy offers free child care for staff with students at Flagstaff Academy for before/after school and all professional development days.
- Flagstaff Academy offers an unmatched employee appreciation program throughout the school year.
- A dynamic leadership role in one of the state’s leading charter schools situated in beautiful Boulder County, Colorado.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an exemplary educator and school leader. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume by attachment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Flagstaff Academy reserves the right to modify any descriptions contained herein provided such changes are publicly posted and disclosed to all applicants.
How to ApplyTo apply, fill out the employment application on our website, https://www.flagstaffacademy.org/apps/pages/about-us-employment. Include the following with your application:
- A cover letter of interest,
- A current resume,
- A copy of current License
- Three letters of recommendation/reference
- A professional work product, from the last twelve months, demonstrating your ability to unify multiple departmental teams and knowledge of IDEA.