Operations / Administration Superintendent/Principal – Arickaree School District, CO
The Arickaree School District, Anton, Colorado, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent/Principal. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2021.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development, in association with the Colorado Association of School Boards, has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the board of education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Enrollment: 98 pk-12
Location: 120 miles east of Denver
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The board has identified the following desired characteristics:
- Leader – A person who understands and is sensitive to rural schools. A leader who has finance and budget experience and a knowledge of Colorado school finance. A competent leader who thrives on transparency. A leader who will empower staff and hold them accountable. A person willing to live and work in a rural environment. A educational leader who has attention to detail and responsibilities done in a timely and accurate manner. Someone who is an instructional leader focused on student success. A leader who will change the course of direction when needed and will hold people accountable and establish boundaries. A person who can build relationships and use team building processes to solve issues but is able to make the hard decisions. A leader who can build rapport and trust in the community. Someone who can inspire people to do their best.
- Communicator- A visible leader who listens to the community, parents, students and staff. A person who is hands-on, open, approachable, and optimistic. A person who writes and speaks with clarity. A good listener. A humble person who listens to the voice of those they serve. A person whose presence is seen in the classroom, at school activities and in the greater Arickaree community. A person who has the ability to build trust and honest relationships with the staff and the community.
- Visionary – An innovative, proactive leader with a clear vision for success. A strategic thinker who develops plans and builds an environment for success. A leader who understands and supports the social and emotional challenges that students face in the educational environment. A person who can plan ahead for future issues. The leader who has a plan to recruit and retain staff, in a rural school district.
- Educator – Is eligible for a Colorado principal license. A school leader who has previous site-leadership experience. A collaborative team leader who involves all parties impacted by a decision and places a high priority in academic achievement and success for all students. A humble and compassionate educator sensitive to the needs of the school staff, students and parents. An educator who is willing to pitch in and assist in all aspects of the district.
- Closing date for applications: March 9, 2021 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Board of Education selects finalists to interview: March 22, 2021
- Interviews with the Board of Education: April 6 & 7, 2021
- Selection of new Superintendent: April 12, 2021
- Start date: July 1, 2021