Teacher Teach in NYC. 1 application, 85 great schools!
Close the gap. Open new doors.
We’re looking for educators in a variety of subject areas who share our commitment to closing the achievement gap and to giving all NYC students a challenging and engaging education.
Who We Are
Teachers for NYC Charter Schools is a consortium of nonprofit charter schools working to bring great teachers to students and communities across New York City. Whether candidates have teaching experience, are embarking on their first job, or looking to make a career change, we are committed to supporting them through the application and review phases. Not only do we uniquely offer one application that goes out to a consortium of 15 partner school networks—ultimately exposing our candidates to over 85 schools—but we also have an expedited review process and multiple hiring supports, including resume review and professional tips throughout the interview process.
Who You Are
We are looking for teachers who:
- Know that education equality begins with challenging, engaging instruction. Successful charter school teachers believe every student has the potential to achieve his or her goals and deserves to be challenged and inspired by high expectations.
- Bring a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences to the classroom. Diversity matters: Students taught by educators with similar life experiences do better academically, emotionally, and socially.
- Prioritize building deep, authentic relationships with students and families. Consortium schools are community and family oriented, and they need teachers who approach their work with humility and respect.
- Embrace growth. Our schools offer exceptional professional development and are eager to hire teachers who are open to feedback and willing to collaborate to refine their skills in the classroom.
Benefits of Teachers for NYC Charter Schools
Applying through Teachers for NYC Charter Schools is the best way to find the school community that’s right for you, whether you have teaching experience, are embarking on your first job, or are making a career change and want to teach while working toward your certification.
- Earn a trusted recommendation. Our consortium members prioritize candidates who apply through Teachers for NYC Charter Schools and pass our screening process.
- Find the school with a vision, focus, and culture that matches your skills, interests, and career goals.
- Streamline your teacher job search . Teachers for NYC Charter Schools saves you time by connecting you directly with multiple schools seeking great teachers.
- Get support throughout the hiring process. From resume advice and pre-interview preparation to regular updates on hiring prospects, you’ll have a point of contact throughout the process to help you maximize your chances of finding a meaningful and rewarding career.
- Make a lasting difference. This is your opportunity to join a vibrant movement to meet NYC children’s social, emotional, and academic needs–and prepare them for success in college and career.
Qualifications & Eligibility
We are looking for candidates who will be authorized and available to work in New York City as early as summer 2018. For us to review your application, you must:
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree by July 2018
- Reside in the New York City area by the start of the 2018-2019 school year
How to Apply
To apply to multiple available teaching positions through Teachers for NYC Charter Schools, you only need to submit one application. After our thorough screening process, successful candidates will receive priority consideration by hiring managers at over 85 schools within our consortium network.
Apply by July 16 to get your application in front of hiring managers this summer! This is our final deadline and your last chance to apply!
Applicants preferencing STEM subject areas will receive an expedited application decision!
If you are committed to giving students a life-changing education, we want to meet you. Apply today.
Find your calling. Find your classroom.
To learn More About Our Application Process visit our website. We invite you to join us for an online info session! Click here to create an account. Then, click on the Events tab to sign up for the next available info session.
Teachers for NYC Charter Schools does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to ApplyHow to Apply To apply for a teaching position through Teachers for NYC Charters, you only need to submit one application. After our thorough screening process, your application will be given priority consideration by hiring managers at all consortium members' schools. Apply by July 16th to get your application in front of hiring managers by end of July! Applicants preferencing STEM subject areas will receive an expedited application decision! If you are committed to giving students a life-changing education, we want to meet you. Apply today. Learn More About Our Application Process Click here to visit our website.
743 total views, 2 today