The Visual & Performing Arts Magnet School will open in August 2022. The Teaching Partner will join the Year 0 leadership team in January 2022 to support the development of school programming, curriculum, student culture, staff hiring, and student recruitment.
Click here to visit our interactive map where you can find out more information on each individual school, such as highlights, school data, demographics and more.
Aurora Public Schools Compensation and Benefits
||As designated by the district or school. – Days: 187 day position (new teachers 190 day position ( paid summer training opportunities available)
||The Teaching Partner position provides teachers with professional development and coaching on the instructional skills necessary to ensure that learning is accelerated for every student. Teaching Partners will provide support content areas such as Literacy or Mathematics or in a general instructional format at the elementary, P-8, middle school or high school level(s).
Teaching Partners are a full staff member at the school site and work at the direction of the principal to collaboratively support teachers in the development of their content knowledge and instructional skill.
Evidence of the effectiveness of a Teaching Partner will be demonstrated through the observed increases in the instructional effectiveness of teachers and in the student achievement outcomes that are the result of their work.
Characteristics of an effective Teaching Partner will include the ability to:
Develop relationships and communicate effectively in the school environment
Be viewed as a lead learner who is fully engaged in professional learning activities
Maintain a focus on continual growth
Consistently demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
Serve as a model for resiliency in the face of instructional and professional challenges
||Develop a community of effectiveness for teaching and learning by:
- Creating an effective context in the school environment by engaging in a climate of trust, respect, collaboration and continuous growth and building relationships with all staff members
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships and demonstrating the capacity to motivate the learning and progress of teachers and other school staff members
Develop and facilitate instructional coaching by:
- Possessing a strong understanding of and being able to clearly and concisely articulate information related to the Colorado Academic Standards, effective curricular and pedagogical design and implementation and the role of formative and summative assessments in identified content areas
- Modeling universal and targeted (multi-tiered) instructional practices through co-planning and co-teaching activities
- Engaging teachers in job-embedded coaching experiences by modeling, observing, supporting and reflecting with teachers in a manner that is strengths based and addresses the needs of both the student and the teacher
- Ensuring effective opportunities for teachers to examine their practice through reflection, mentoring and coaching new teachers
- Engage high levels of professional learning for teachers by:
Providing actionable feedback to teachers and monitoring for the implementation of learned practices
- Ensuring that professional learning offerings for teachers at the school and district levels are differentiated based on the experience and professional strengths and needs of the teacher
- Promoting instructional practices that ensure teachers differentiate the learning experience for their students and engage all students
- Planning and facilitating professional learning experiences at the school level that may include: individual, small group and full staff engagement; facilitation of data team and standards-based teaching and learning cycle processes to ensure that instruction is informed by data and that student growth is monitored through data collected by the teacher
- Supporting the implementation of school-wide and district-wide strategies, such as learning targets; data-driven teaching and learning cycles; learning walks and instructional rounds
Participate in district level training and development by:
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of and communicating alignment between district/school standards, curricula, assessments and instructional implementation in the classroom
- Engaging in partnership with the Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education team, Exceptional Student Services consultants and coaches, Educational Technology coaches and all other instructional support personnel to help ensure that supports for teachers are aligned and coherent from the teacher perspective
- Engaging in the development and implementation of district-level curricula and professional learning activities at the direction of the Director of Professional Learning
- Participating in ongoing professional learning at a district level
- Possess and demonstrate the skills and knowledge associated with adult learning theory, math, literacy and general instructional practices, including differentiated approaches to learning and data analysis
- Minimum of 5 years of professional teaching experience
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and supportive relationships with colleagues and building principals
- Organizational skills and initiative for working with minimal direct supervision
Successful experiences in a teacher-leader role or other position with similar responsibilities
||The teacher shall identify the development needs of students, shall maintain a productive learning environment, and shall work collaboratively to support the priorities of the Strategic Plan.
|Condition of Employment
||As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.
Click here to learn about the Culturally Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.
How to Apply
Click on this website and should direct you to Job#20235. https://www.applitrack.com/aurorak12/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Licensed+-+Teaching+Partner