Technology Website Analyst (Web Administrator V)
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
TEA aims to improve outcomes for over 5.5 million students in Texas public schools through an ambitious Strategic Plan designed to prepare students for college, career, or the military. One of the key enablers underpinning this plan is district and campus academic performance, which is based, in part, on the Texas Assessment Program. The Texas Assessment Program measures the academic achievement and growth of Texas students and provides data that is used by multiple stakeholders through the parent-facing assessment website, texasassessment.gov. The Texas Assessment website provides information to help members of the Texas public school community understand the performance and progress of students in the state.
This position is responsible for coordinating the process of iteratively improving the Texas Assessment website to increase usability, functionality, and efficiency. This position coordinates a set of cross-functional workstreams that require collaboration with senior stakeholders across the agency, including extensive interaction with the Commissioner of Education. The role also requires effective management of the assessment vendors and a strong understanding of best practices in applying user feedback from a wide range of education stakeholders. This position involves gathering, monitoring, and evaluating data related to the Texas Assessment website. This position is responsible for providing consultative and technical assistance to agency staff, local education agencies, communities, and governmental agencies. This role works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The position reports to the Director of Policy and Publications in the Student Assessment Division.
This position plays a critical role in helping to drive innovation and measurement methods used to define educational outcomes and support research-based instructional practices in Texas. The position supports the Texas Assessment Program, which impacts over 1,200 districts and 5.5 million Texas students.
Please note that a resume is a required attachment for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Coordinate the development of product requirements outlining the specific technical functionality needed to deliver on user needs
- Work with the Information Technology (IT), Strategic Communications, Performance Reporting, Curriculum, and Assessment teams to test and release new features and functionality
- In collaboration with the vendor, develop and track key usage metrics to ensure consistent and increasing user engagement
- Evaluate data to understand strategic trends, synthesize learnings to determine effectiveness of operations, and communicate trends and outcomes to senior staff to recommend and implement process and strategy improvements
Mission Focused: Share the belief that all Texas students can achieve at high levels and are able to succeed in college, career, or the military.
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university; bachelor’s degree in an analytical field preferred
Experience: At least four  years of experience in a data or business analysis role; consulting, data science, or equally rigorous/quantitative experience preferred
Substitution: An advanced degree may substitute for two years of required experience.
Click to learn more and apply today!
How to ApplyYou may submit an application using the external link provided below and in the job description.
- Please note that a resume is a required attachment for applying to this position. Additionally there is one short answer question (150 words or less response) that is required to be submitted as a separate attachment with your application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.