Teacher World Languages Teacher
Position Title: World Languages Teacher
Location: Various School Locations
Salary:DFT Salary Schedule ($51,071 – $81,120)
Reports to: Principal
Bargaining Unit: DFT
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Telecommuting Eligibilty: Not eligible for telecommuting
In accordance with the Agreement between American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (DFT) and the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit, the following vacancy is announced.
The Teacher offers rigorous curriculum aligned with the State of Michigan Common Core guidelines while upholding the mission, vision and values of the Detroit Public Schools Community District. Collaborates with families and other staff members to ensure academic success of students. Evaluates and monitors students’ progress on a periodic basis.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools or an equivalent agency.
- Must possess a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate or Michigan Temporary Teaching Authorization (T2EA), Foreign Language(s) (FA),(FB),(FC),(FD),(FE),(FF),(FG),(FH),(FI),(FJ),(FL),(FR) endorsement(s).
- Cooperate with teachers, parents and community members.
- Enable field studies to improve classroom curriculum as per the needs of the students.
- Offer input and assist grade level, subject matter and engage leader led conferences/professional developments.
- Develop parent and family involvement in school life and curriculum.
- Synthesize with colleagues on school activities to ensure academic success.
- Discuss with parents on student progress and academic achievements.
- Instruct rules of conduct and ensure classroom, campus, and uniform discipline policies.
- Counsel students during academic and adjustment problems by taking corrective measures to enhance student learning abilities.
- Handle attendance, progress reports and grade records.
- Plan study programs to meet students’ needs, interests and abilities.
- Provide creative assessments and evaluate students’ progress on a periodic basis.
- Instruct students on proper use of equipment, materials, and textbooks.
- Maintain inventory of instructional materials, aids and equipment.
- Maintain accurate complete student records and prepare reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
If you are a current Detroit Public Schools Community District employee, you do not have to submit to a new security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of criminal background check.
In alignment with Michigan law, if you are hired to fill a position, you will be required to submit to a Detroit Public Schools Community District criminal background check. Information regarding required background checks will be shared at point of hire.
How to Apply
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
All DPSCD employees are required to disclose their vaccine status, however COVID-19 vaccines are strongly encouraged but not required.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions opportunities. Contact the Civil Rights Coordinator for more information at (313) 240-4377 or detroitk12.org/compliance.