Marketing and Communications Communications & Marketing Manager
Communications & Marketing Manager
The Colorado Association of School Executives (CASE) is a professional membership association working with K-12 public school leaders across the state of Colorado. CASE is seeking a full-time Communications Manager who will play a key role in supporting CASE’s member services. This full-time, hourly position reports to the Director of Communications and Strategic Partnerships.
The Communications & Marketing Manager is responsible for composing and editing communications; strategically planning and designing marketing collateral; and playing a key role in communicating about CASE advocacy priorities as well as CASE events. Additionally, the Communications & Marketing Manager plays a role in updating our membership database and responding to member inquiries about their benefits and/or dues, which is the case of every team member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
COMMUNICATION AND DESIGN
- Create, update and maintain content on the CASE website
- Ensure that all content is up-to-date and accurate
- Annually update website with department and committee information, legislative information; more regularly update website with event, award and CASE information.
- Troubleshoot any website glitches from the back-end administrative dashboard.
- Ensure the website stays user-friendly and modern.
- Draft , format, proof and send all regular CASE email communications, and any special communications as needed.
- Write press releases for any relevant CASE news, including yearly award winners and legislative updates
- Create and design printed and digital marketing items, including promotional flyers, website images, social media graphics, event programs and other items as needed
- Create infographics on key legislative issues facing public school leaders
- Maintain a consistent CASE social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and improve audience engagement; track and report back social media analytics and performance
- Help field member inquiries about membership benefits, CASE dues and invoice questions.
- Assist with updating the database with member information and CASE department groups and committee information.
Design and create the event websites for all CASE professional learning events, including the two annual conferences and smaller events throughout the year.
- Design, prepare and order all print materials for CASE professional learning events, including all signage, programs, and marketing assets, such as stickers and merchandise.
- Create onsite conference collateral.
- Manage the communications and marketing materials for the CASE Awards programs (year-round) and specifically the CASE Awards Ceremony
- Handle all pre-and-post event communications, including wrap-up infographics
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of or experience with graphic design software, including using the following programs: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Piktochart, Canva, and video editing software
- Working knowledge of HTML for website maintenance and assisting staff with database communications
- Strong writing and editing skills including creating copy for the website, promotional flyers and external facing communications, as well as proofreading and editing
- Solid command of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and scheduling tools (Hootsuite)
- A demonstrated ability to work with diverse clients, external stakeholders and team members in a professional, diplomatic and confidential manner
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; with superior attention to detail and demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Advanced technology skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Adobe Connect
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or similar field
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Experience creating multimedia content
Experience working in the K-12 educational field
Experience with advocacy and state policy
- Full time, FLSA nonexempt position
- Salary Range $28.00 – $33.00 per hour ( $58,240 – $68,640 annually)
- Placement is based upon education and relevant work experience to duties and responsibilities
- Most weeks Monday through Wednesday work from home, Thursdays and Fridays in the office. Full work weeks required in the office leading up to large events.
- Comprehensive health benefits and PERA employer
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) Professional References
CASE shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law.