4 Nov 2022
Technology Director of Information Technology Infrastructure and Technical Services
Information specific to this position:
Pay Range: $104,451 – $125,341.20 based on qualifications and experience*
Work calendar days: 260
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
SUMMARY: Responsible for directing all aspects of the systems, services, infrastructure, networks and end user technology platforms throughout the District. Provides collaborative management, strategic vision, dynamic team and servant-based leadership for IT operations. Directs infrastructure and IT support staff to ensure a secure, maintainable, highly available environment of data center, applications, servers, storage infrastructure, data and voice networks, security, disaster recovery, backup processes, internet and remote access in support of PSD’s teaching, learning and operations. Maintain business continuity strategies for restoring critical services and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Work in partnership with IT leadership to align Information Technology with the overall PSD direction, strategy and vision.
Description of Job Tasks
1. Oversee the design, implementation, daily operation and maintenance of network infrastructure, telecommunications systems, virtualization, servers, databases, storage systems, and security systems.
2. Work with other IT staff and departments in the coordination of projects, training, procedures, and administrative guidelines involving technology. Provide operational and project management.
3. Allocate and review work of assigned staff. Provide guidance, leadership and mentoring to develop the technical expertise needed to meet long-term business needs. Supervise, and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
4. Manage the IT Infrastructure and Technical Services budgets, including vendor management and internal procurement processes.
5. Define, implement, manage, and review operational metrics and monitoring/alerting for critical IT services, including overall network performance and system uptime. Generate reports and analysis for review by the Chief Technology Officer and leadership team.
6. Partner with IT and District management in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive security program, with a focus on computing resources and data privacy.
7. Plan, collaborate, and coordinate internally with staff members throughout the District as well as externally with vendors, contractors, and organizations to ensure proper integration of systems and applications in schools, instructional support groups, and operational units.
8. Oversee, research, design, and coordinate development of strategic solutions and multi-year roadmaps to address business and educational needs. Evaluate and specify systems and technologies. Develop processes and procedures for efficient utilization, security, compliance and operation of technology systems, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity processes and all other IT support services provided.
9. Design, implement and maintain the District’s phone/voicemail, cable television, building intercom systems, public address systems, video distribution systems and other audio-visual systems.
10. Ensure compliance of the organization’s daily activities and strategic plans to District and Department policies and administrative guidelines.
11. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, engineering or related field, Master’s degree preferred
• More than five years of recent experience in senior level management in IT enterprise operations, customer support, project management, and team leadership, ideally within a multiplatform virtualized server environment with diverse application integrations and related infrastructure
• Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire
• Valid Colorado driver’s license
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org