Teacher Elementary Teacher
Legacy Academy is a K-8 School Charter School in Elizabeth, CO. Legacy focuses on technology and seeks teachers who can join our innovative team. We are seeking an Elementary Teacher to join our team. This teacher needs to be proficient in their content area(s), willing to maintain and enrich their expertise, as well as possessing strong skills for the integration of technology in the classroom.
Legacy Academy seeks candidates who demonstrate:
- Mission alignment: Legacy Academy’s mission is to guide students in developing their individual character and academic potential by providing opportunities for collaborative learning and hands-on experiences by continuously surveying modern technology, science, arts, and extracurricular activities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Willingness & ability to innovate the educational process utilizing the resources of the school environment.
- Team orientation: Ability to work collaboratively in a professional learning community characterized by team planning, participating fully in professional development, and engaging in an ongoing exchange of ideas while also accepting and communicating the team’s decisions clearly.
- Drive for excellence: Hard-working, self-starter who takes the initiative and is committed to learning and self-improvement for the betterment of Legacy students & staff.
This teacher will ensure the educational development of K-8 students. All teachers will be responsible for adopting the school mission, as evidenced by thoughtful lesson planning aligned with the school’s curriculum components. In addition, teachers will commit to furthering their professional development and building relationships with the Legacy Academy community.
- Ability to work with and adapt to current technology innovations.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students actively engage in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and educational needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers improvement plans.
- Maintains effective and efficient record-keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to engage in the learning process actively.
- Communicates effectively, orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals regularly.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and the community.
Meet NCLB highly qualified status and/or valid Colorado teaching certificate. Must be able to perform all teaching responsibilities as assigned, have strong classroom management skills, and strong content knowledge.
Reports to: Principal / Assistant Principal