School Network Staff Human Resources Generalist
Do you want to leverage your Human Resources expertise to help create a culture and work environment where STRIVE Prep’s K-12 educators and staff can bring their full selves to work and be unleashed to enable breakthrough results for students?
CONTEXT & OVERVIEW OF ROLE
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of K-12 public charter schools, that challenges every student to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. The HR Generalist will join STRIVE’s Talent Team at an exciting time of transformation where we are: 1. Evolving our internal and network-wide culture with a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) focus; and 2. Redefining our HR service model to provide more site-based support and relationship building, which are both key to achieving our talent strategy to be the best place for diverse top talent to work in education in Denver. The successful candidate will manage their portfolio of campuses throughout the employee life cycle including but not limited to: onboarding, benefits enrollment, employee relations, performance management, workers’ compensation, leaves of absence, compliance, and offboarding. In so doing, we will create a best-in-class culture and work environment that unleashes breakthrough results in each of our 500 team members and 3,800 students across 11 schools, who are Learning to Change the World.
THE MUST HAVES
Do the following must haves resonate with how you are wired and demonstrable in your unique talents and experiences? If so, we invite you to apply and can’t wait to learn more about you!
You are a people whisperer with a strong lens on DEI: You proactively build meaningful and authentic relationships with your schools’ team members and central office colleagues, and have a gift for creating inclusive spaces in every interaction. You instinctively balance empathy and accountability, and are able to put team members at ease in their most vulnerable moments, especially when there are cultural differences and/or communication barriers. You value diverse perspectives, seek feedback to inform your work, and innately keep those on the margins top of mind, which contributes to an inclusive environment.
You KNOW and LOVE HR: You think, breathe, and eat HR. Your expertise shows up in your ability to quickly and effectively respond to the scope of responsibilities outlined in the Essential Functions section of this job posting. You are driven and agile, instinctively adapting your approach to fit the unique context of each of the schools in your portfolio.
Your customer service is legendary: You know and believe that HR is all about customer service and you keep the customer service experience of team members top of mind. Your time management is impeccable, and you take pride in your ability to ensure 100% follow through on every task and consistently meeting deadlines. Knowing that HR isn’t Monday-Friday, 9-5, you routinely make yourself available to team members through numerous communication methods, and are proactive in alerting others to any limitations to your availability.
With the must haves driving your daily approach to the work, the successful HR Generalist will perform the essential functions of the role for their portfolio of campuses within STRIVE’s 11 schools and Central Office.
WIthin Portfolio of Campuses & Central Office:
Benefits, Wellness, & Leave of Absences
- Administers network employee serving benefits and wellness programs.
- Manages benefits orientation.
- Coordinates and manages leave of absences in accordance with applicable policies and laws.
Technology, Human Resource Information System (HRIS) & Data Integrity
- Ensures accuracy of all employee data in HRIS.
- Executes reporting and compliance requests on an ongoing basis.
- Trains employees and managers to efficiently and effectively use HRIS.
- Manages data transfer from applicant tracking system (ATS) to HRIS.
- Manages HR ticketing system.
Onboarding & Offboarding
- Manages a best-in-class onboarding and orientation experience that reflects a strong culture of inclusion.
- Administers systems and processes to ensure proper monitoring, improvement, and cross-functional coordination of onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Manages a best-in-class offboarding experience for departing team members.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and practices are implemented through a DEI lens.
- Communicates, advises, and trains on policies, procedures, and relevant labor and employment laws to ensure proper administration and compliance.
- Conducts employee relations investigations.
- Provides coaching to employees to address their concerns or enhance their contributions to the business.
Performance Management & Insights
- Assists with performance review and evaluation process in accordance with STRIVE’s pay-for-performance program for teachers.
- Assists with STRIVE’s performance evaluation system with a special lens on DEI, teacher voice, and the strategic direction of STRIVE.
- Collaborates with portfolio leadership and employees to support a strengths-based team ensuring both psychological safety and accountability to breakthrough results.
Law, Policy, Compliance
- Ensures HR policies, procedures and programs are consistently administered. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and relevant, federal, state and local employment legislation and their applicability to STRIVE.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to Senior Director for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Coordinates and manages applicable portfolio information and data for any required compliance testing and reporting.
Talent Team and Network-wide Support:
- Collaborates with Talent Team to develop, execute, and achieve strategic team goals, and ensure DEI best practices are at the foundation of STRIVE’s culture, mindsets, systems and processes.
- Partners with Talent Team to ensure consistency in HR processes and messaging across campuses.
- Attends and actively participates in all Talent Team meetings, Central Office meetings, retreats, professional development opportunities and coaching sessions with Senior Director.
Relationship Building & Partnerships
- Develops and fosters strong working relationships with employees across departments.
- Participates in applicable committees, groups, etc. as identified by team and network need.
- Assist with other duties/tasks as needed or assigned by the Senior Director and other senior leadership team members.
- As a member of the Central Team, you will be an active participant in network and school level activities and/or events including but not limited to: summer training testing, normed grading, and other interactions with scholars.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (OR PREFERENCES WHERE NOTED)
- Bachelor’s degree (required). Degree in HR, labor relations, organizational development, (preferred)
- 5+ years HR experience ( in an organization with 350+ staff is strongly preferred)
- Charter school or school district HR experience (preferred)
- SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR certification (strongly preferred)
- Spanish fluency (preferred)
- Independent travel (60%-80%) in the Denver metro area (required)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation package and annual performance-based raises
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option
- Funding of 100% of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans
- Approximately three weeks of summer vacation and eight days of paid time off annually
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
STRIVE works to make a college prep education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias and seek to provide each candidate with a unique and equitable opportunity for employment. STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Our culture of inclusion is rooted in the belief that when we create the conditions that align…
- Your unique gifts (Bring your full self, skills/knowledge, & unique lens on the work)
- Your purpose/desire for impact(What challenges do you most want to tackle?)
- The organization’s needs(STRIVE’s strategic goals and value we seek from this role)
…then you will have the opportunity every day to unleash your genius–individually and collectively with your colleagues–to ensure our students are Learning to Change the World. We create these conditions with intentional, strengths-based coaching through a DEI lens, and a culture that leverages the rich diversity of our team to inform the work and achieve breakthrough results for our students.
How to ApplyPlease apply here.
584 total views, 1 today