Technology IT Director
Legacy Academy is a tuition-free, K-8 charter school serving families from several communities in Elbert and Douglas counties. Legacy has a technology focus and is looking for individuals to join our innovative team. We are seeking an IT Director for the 2022/23 school year.
Legacy Academy seeks candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Mission alignment: Legacy Academy’s mission is to guide students in developing their individual character and academic potential by providing opportunities for collaborative learning and hands-on experiences through the continuous surveying of modern technology, science, arts, and extracurricular activities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Willingness and ability to innovate the educational process utilizing the resources of the school environment, along with a desire to find new and innovative methods to improve the educational experience for our stakeholders continually.
- Team orientation: Ability to work collaboratively in a professional learning community characterized by team planning, participating fully in professional development, and engaging in an ongoing exchange of ideas while accepting and communicating the team’s decisions.
- Drive for excellence: Hard-working, self-starter who takes initiative and is committed to learning and self-improvement for the betterment of Legacy students and staff.
- manage technology strategic plan and budget
- oversee infrastructure design and systems implementation
- communicate regularly with school administrators and leaders regarding technology issues and concerns
- manage help desk and tech support tickets
- assist in the identification, evaluation, and selection of educational and operational software
- develop and implement technology policies, practices, and procedures
- troubleshoot internet and security issues on school-wide devices
Job Qualifications / Preferred Skills:
College/technical degree or significant equivalent work experience required. Knowledge of network security tools and security practices pertaining to communications. Superior project management skills with a strong ability to multitask.
Reports to: Principal / Assistant Principal
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 Based on experience and qualifications