Teacher Middle School Therapist
Pagosa Springs Middle School Student & Family Bridges Therapist
- Masters degree in counseling, social work or equivalent
- Professional license through CDE or Colorado State Board of Licensed Professionals
- Prior job experience working with at-risk students and students with emotional disorders preferred
- Strong leadership qualities and experience
- Data collection experience
- Program evaluation experience
- Must be able to pass an annual physical
- Strong interpersonal skills & high collaborative
- Strong classroom management skills
- Experienced in team building & outdoor adventure education
- Current First Aide and CPR Card must be obtained within 30 days of hire
- Training in the following preferred:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Trauma Informed Therapy
- Functional Family Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
Middle School Principal or designee
The therapist will be responsible for the coordination of services for students in the Bridges Program to ensure appropriate and quality services are provided. The therapist will work directly with students and families in individual and small group settings to bolster social/emotional skills to improve students’ learning. The therapist supervises the daily schedule of the Bridges Liaison to ensure educational needs are met.
- Agrees to submit to both the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and Child Abuse Central Registry background checks as required for security clearance.
- Adheres to the Pagosa Springs Middle School Bridges Program and Policies and Procedures and Archuleta School District Policies.
- Receives student referrals to the Bridges program from the staff through the SST process. Reviews school records, and information from other sources on prospective Bridges students and manages the referral for tier 3 intervention.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records for all Bridges students.
- Complies accurate student attendance and discipline data monthly for all Stepping Stones students per Colorado Department of Education (CDE) requirements.
- Completes and submits required annual performance report to CDE & DHS including numbers of students serviced, student outcomes, and progress on performance measures.
- After the student is enrolled in the Bridges program, schedules and facilitates the monthly family meetings and completes and distributes the monthly progress reports.
- Documents all client and significant other contracts.
- Responsible planning and assisting with the regular education teacher in the classroom to ensure student success.
- Provides academic and behavioral instruction for students as needed.
- During work hours assists the special education and/or regular education teacher with carrying out the daily curriculum.
- After 3:45 p.m. meets with the other Bridges team members for program implementation of the IEP and Behavior Support Plan (BSP) and performs any other case management duties as needed.
- After 3:45 pm meets with Bridges family members as needed.
- Communicates program related or client concerns to the Middle School Principal.
- Attends all mandatory training.
- Organizes and leads eight days of summer outdoor adventure learning trips with two days for planning (four days in June and four days in July/August).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: Based upon the District’s adopted certified salary schedule. Years of experience given through Step 7.
Work Schedule: Minimum of 185 days per year or as designated by the annual school calendar. Salary and work-year to be established annually by the board. This covers the regular 175 day school year and ten days for the Bridges outdoor adventure-base summer program.
Benefits: Full benefit package, including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability, and discretionary leave.
Hours: A minimum of 7.5 hours per day, approximately 8:00 am until 4:00 pm, as designated by the Building Principal
FLSA STATUS: Exempt/Certified
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.