Operations / Administration Operations Coordinator
About College Track:
College Track is a national college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From the summer before 9th grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the barriers that prevent students from earning their college degree by providing them with comprehensive academic support, leadership training, financial and college advising, and scholarships. We teach them the skills necessary to succeed in college and beyond. In four years, a College Track student receives support equivalent to one extra year of high school.
College Track started in 1997 with a cohort of 27 students in East Palo Alto. Today, we serve over 2,400 high school and college students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, New Orleans, Colorado, Sacramento, DC and Los Angeles. By 2020, we will double the number of students served to over 5,000. In 10 years, we will serve over 10,000 students and increase our number of college graduates tenfold. Over our 21-year history, 92% of our high school seniors have been accepted to four-year colleges and our college graduation rate is 2.5 times the national average for low-income students.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Manage the reception area including answering phones, responding to general inquiries and greeting visitors.
- Manage inventory of office supplies including purchasing and restocking of office supplies and equipment.
- Retrieve, sort and distribute mail.
- Support Operations Manager to ensure that attendance is captured correctly.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure proper handling of accounts payable.
- Ensure smooth-running office operations and a comfortable, well-functioning work environment. This includes daily opening/closing procedures. Support the implementation of shared office policies that ensure office cleanliness of common areas.
- Oversee meeting spaces and set rooms up for meetings (ensure room is tidy, ensure technology is set up, etc).
- Managing student applications: Sort all completed applications; Notify students of recruitment timeline and collect application documents.
- Coordinate student transportation: Support students who need daily/monthly transportation by managing and providing bus passes or other resources.
- Secure all technology: Ensure programming staff have all resources and devices needed before each session; Lock up all laptops and tablets in their appropriate locations at the end of each day.
- Manage Food Service Partnerships and resources, including communication with vendors, food distribution to students.
- Provide Site Director and Operations Manager with support on special projects/administrative tasks, and other duties as assigned.
First and foremost, the Operations Coordinator must embrace College Track’s vision and mission for transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum HS diploma
- Results-driven; commitment to utilizing data to make informed decisions
- Exceptional organizational skills; keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative, community-minded attitude
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Unflappable self-starter with the ability to effectively manage a wide range of tasks and projects
- Strong learning orientation; readily receives and incorporates direct feedback
- Goal-oriented and strong commitment to reaching goals; dedication to helping students achieve their goal of a college degree
- High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to meet and maintain federal, state, local, and College Track guidelines
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Jamille Jones, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org