Instructional Support Program Manager – Leadership, Finance, Entrepreneurship (LiFE) for Students
Aspen Academy, a PK-8 independent school in Greenwood Village, has an amazing year-round opportunity for an individual who has demonstrated success in program or organizational leadership and management, is passionate about the domain of leadership and possesses entrepreneurial experience and financial acumen. The Program Manager will lead, manage and re-launch post-COVID Aspen’s LiFE (Leadership, Finance and Entrepreneurship) Program, the nation’s only sequenced curriculum to directly teach Leadership, Finance and Entrepreneurship to students and effective life habits as well as a compilation of a myriad of authentic leadership opportunities for each one of our students. In this year-round position, this role is responsible for the successful engagement, growth, performance and satisfaction of students, families, and team members as well as the growth and performance of the LiFE program and the school overall. With your leadership and management, these and other programs will flourish and create an ever-evolving national model program that will influence and inspire schools around the country. Interested? Please read on!
If not for life, then what are we learning for? At Aspen Academy, we look at learning as a way to ignite the personal passions and interests of each and every student. Our academics, partnered with a focused leadership development sequence, prepare students for life. Students thrive as they build lasting relationships with peers and teachers through small class sizes and a community focus.
We live and model the community’s values in thought, word and deed to students, colleagues and parents and the larger community. We are palpably committed to, supportive and co-leaders in the achievement of Aspen Academy’s vision and mission.
- Our values: Be Kind. Do Good. Work Hard. Make the World Better.
- Our mission: We edify and inspire students and educators to grow, learn and lead.
- Our vision: We are a national leader in innovative and transformative education.
Does this describe you?
- Others describe you as a strategic, innovative, collaborative, charismatic and highly likeable leader.
- You have had demonstrated success in operations, people and financial management with a palpable commitment to clients.
- Beyond a passion and excitement for leadership development, finance and entrepreneurship, you have depth of learning, experience and application in the principles of these domains.
- You consistently demonstrate strong cultural competency (the ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across cultures.), commitment to inclusion and a palpable continued growth in the habits, skill, and craft of leadership acumen.
- You are committed to every student’s success.
- You are known for building and developing close, positive relationships with students, faculty and parents. The result of these relationships: others are inspired to initiate or adopt leadership practices, roles, and responsibilities, and each team member is lifted from where they are at, inspiring them to reach towards their full potential in these categories in their own life.
- You have a relentless drive to grow in and out of the workplace and are hungry for feedback.
- Your strengths include time, organization and project management; interpersonal, written and verbal skills; and you demonstrate strong social and emotional intelligence.
If so, please apply to join our team.
Diversity and inclusion are core to Aspen Academy. We are passionate about building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment. Every member on our team enriches our community by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world. We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and thrive because of it. Aspen Academy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and promotes affirmative action. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and military and veteran status.
Essential Functions Summary
- Exemplifies and promotes Aspen Academy’s Values, Mission, and Vision.
- Effectively lead and develop strong LiFE program vision, growth and performance and its impact on students, teachers, parents, the community.
- Works to ensure the successful engagement, growth, performance and satisfaction of students, families, and team members as well as the growth and performance of the LiFE program and the school overall.
- Continued development, innovation, research and promotion of curriculum and programs to teach and develop the LiFE Program. This includes social emotional learning, intra and interpersonal relationships, civic engagement and leadership, community service, personal finance, organizational leadership, entrepreneurial mindset and execution to K-8th grade students, parents, colleagues and strategic community partners.
- Develop and implement Student and Faculty growth and performance assessments and program impact measurement.
- Develop and deliver Faculty and Parent learning / training opportunities on LiFE topics, focused on understanding and application.
- Aspen Youth Leadership budget management and fundraising for the institute.
- Manage the program, volunteer mentors and its student and parent clients, as well as coach faculty, utilizing strong organization, prioritization, attention to detail, communication, time management and delegation attributes.
- Work with and partner with Faculty to deliver quarterly leadership retreats, daily LiFE block, and the integration of the domain’s concepts into the core and essential curriculum; observe and coach Faculty in the instruction and personal integration of these domains, enabling them to be excellent LiFE Facilitators; provide continuous feedback on how students are grasping and applying the content; and conduct a end-of-year evaluations to each core teacher.
- Lead, manage and provide accountability measures on all ancillary and co-curricular leadership programs: Service Learning, Civic Leadership, Student Government, Mentor-Mentee Programs, 8th Grade Mentorship and Shark Tank, Bear’s Student Enterprises, Post Grad Student Internships and other programs that fall under the LiFE umbrella.
- Collaborate with the Head of School, Director of Programs and faculty to develop, track, and achieve the program’s annual goals, quarterly objectives and KPI’s.
- Coordinate activities across Aspen Academy to build key partnerships and relationships in the youth leadership and entrepreneurial development community.
Education, Experience, and Qualities:
This is a year-round position.
- Required: four-year degree from an accredited college or university. Preferred: postgraduate degree.
- K-8th grade education or youth organization experience.
- Demonstrated success in program or organizational leadership and management.
- Passionate student of the domain of leadership. Leadership coaching is a plus.
- Strong financial acumen and entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, interpersonal, written, and verbal skills as well as a palpable commitment to the success of your clients.
- Grant permission for a criminal background check upon hire.
- Meet physical demands to perform essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends; work in person/in the school building; speak for long periods of time. Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally life up to 50 pounds.
For the coming school year, we are not able to consider candidates that require a Visa.
Aspen Academy offers an excellent compensation package including health, dental, 403(b) with matching and more; wide-ranging opportunities for professional development; and a talented and dedicated staff of teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Salary Range: Starting annual salary $65,000-85,000 (based on education & experience)
Aspen Academy’s LiFE Story
Upon its founding, Aspen Academy prioritized the development of leadership, financial acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset and capacity in its Pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade students. It developed the nation’s only sequenced curriculum to directly teach these concepts and effective life habits that is taught as the first block of the day in every classroom. In addition to the development that occurs because of this curriculum, but also a compilation of a myriad of authentic leadership opportunities for each one of our students. From mentoring to civic engagement to managing any of our five-student owned and operated ancillary businesses to major service-learning projects to starting up to 10 businesses by the time a student graduates —- this is real world development of hair-on-fire kiddos who are going to make the world better. Our program has served as a beacon for schools and organizations around the country. It’s served as the base for Future Holders, a leadership, finance and entrepreneurial development platform for K-12th graders, as well as app-based game.
The Program Manager will have the extraordinary opportunity to lead and manage the re-launch of this newly branded program as we are able to return fully back to normal post-Covid. You will be both the visionary and the integrator for LiFE. The sky is the limit. The Manager of LiFE (Leadership, Finance and Entrepreneurship) is the champion, active voice and visible leader in the school community promoting character, leadership, financial acumen and entrepreneurial mindset and execution to students, families, colleagues, and the national education landscape.