Teacher Special Education Teacher
Who are we?
The CUBE is a high school opening in August 2019 serving an intentionally diverse student body. We will open with a ninth grade and build out, one grade per year, to a full 9-12 high school. One of the main components of the CUBE is our curriculum model. We teach most of our courses as topic-based, six-week, co-taught, interdisciplinary classes. Our innovative teaching method prepares learners to achieve at the highest academic levels, while also learning to think deeply, solve challenges, and practice creativity with compassion and empathy. When students graduate from our school, they not only have a solid foundation of knowledge, they also have the hands-on skills and the ability to convey their learning that will allow them to excel in their future.
The success of this model depends on passionate teachers who love working with kids. We aim to teach knowledge and passion, skills and character. And that means that we, as a staff, are knowledgable, passionate, skilled, and character-driven. It means that we love the subject we teach, and it means we love integrating it into the fabric of other content areas as well. It means we look for the biology in pizza-making, the physics in mountain biking, and the literary references in TV shows. Our staff members continually ask themselves the question, “what’s best for kids?”
What are we looking for?
The CUBE is looking for a Special Education teacher who shares our belief that learning is a unique experience for every student. We are looking for someone that knows reading, writing, speaking, math and more are made more powerful with students are able to make connections to their learning. We need someone who knows that we can’t make those connections the same way for all learners. This teacher sees opportunity in the challenges that unique learners face every day, and magnifies those opportunities through support, advocacy, and empathy. The Special Education teacher helps gen ed teachers make modifications to projects, see unique perspectives to curricular approach, and anticipates challenges before they arise. This person is also gifted with a keen awareness to SPED law, details of IEP/504s, and the MTSS process.
Desired Mindsets & Habits
- Driven by a burning desire to see all students succeed
- Collaborates openly and honestly, embracing a positive mindset
- Encourages a culture of mutual respect and equitable practice
- Self-reflective and exemplifies a growth mindset
- Self-directed agent of his/her own learning
- Believes in radical collaboration
- Encourages and embraces productive conflict
The CUBE Teacher:
- Communicates effectively with students and families about classroom activities and student progress
- Demonstrates content knowledge, including the Common Core State Standards
- Effectively uses special education services as a tool to understand cross disciplinary subject areas
- Sets high academic achievement expectations that foster exceptional student growth and proficiency
- Identifies and supports students’ social, emotional, and behavior learning needs.
- Implements effective modifications to Project-Based Learning techniques and strategies
- Provides timely feedback and collaborates with faculty to offer specialized support
- Fosters student growth through semi-annual Student-Led Conferences and Presentations of Learning
- Scaffolds instructional activities that facilitate engaging and appropriate learning opportunities
- Differentiates instruction based on feedback, needs, and learning levels
- Provides opportunities for student engagement through “Voice and Choice”
- Designs and implements strategies for all students in relation to formal and informal assessments that measure student progress
How to Applyto apply please visit: https://www.thecubeschool.org/join-our-team, click on "see all job postings" and follow directions.
705 total views, 23 today